Firm is just a few folks huge, and their solely tech man is me, and I'm only a PHP programmer. I do know nothing about securing pc or coping with viruses.
Here’s a hyperlink to the textual content they only despatched me:
Often their texts are all about including a brand new Internet web page or one thing. I'm vexxed about this. Additionally they left voicemail, which had this further data:
- On their shared drive, not on their C drives (everybody operating Home windows).
- All information modified to at the moment's date.
- Every folder has a 57g5mj-readme.
- They mentioned they couldn't open information anymore, however I used to be unclear about this half.
- They turned off the shared drive as a result of they have been freaked out, every thing else works (their computer systems work), however they’ll't get extra work performed till the get the shared drive again up & operating.
I've informed them to obtain rkill & Avast, run rkill first, then run Avast. They’re to do that whereas the shared drive is off. Then flip off all computer systems besides one, activate the shared drive, get it seen on their 1 pc, after which run Avast towards that shared drive.
What do you all suppose? My huge problem is that I'm distant; I can't bodily contact the computer systems. I’ve NO CLUE repair this. Have any of you encountered this or have recommendation? What are regular steps that you just antivirus gurus would take?
Thanks for serving to!
submitted by /u/jack_skellington